The Network of Civil Society Organization of Nigeria (NOCSON), has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria led by President Mohamadu Buhari to sit-up in the fight against insecurity in the country, provide purposeful leadership and restore the masses trust in the nation’s leadership.
NOCSON made this call today in Benin City, the Edo state capital after a robust interactive session of the Organization while marking the 2021 Democracy day.
According to a statement signed on its behalf by the Acting President, Comrade Ogbidi Emmanuel and made available to media by it’s Director of Media, Comrade Bevy Efe, the organization after a fruitful deliberations called on Government at all level to address the following issues affecting the Nation before they get out of control. The statement reads in part:
….Recommends 8 points to FG on how to solve pressing National problems
- Insecurity: President Mohamadu Buhari led administration should as a matter of urgency rise up to the challenges to putting an end to the growing security hopelessness in the nation. Government should not be bias in their style of handling same but decisive and firm to get desired results.
- PMB should provide purposeful leadership for the nation and show full dedication and sincerity in handling the governance of our dear country.
- Develop a fresh Constitution for our nation to capture the restructuring of the country for inclusive governance, promote regional autonomy and national prosperity.
- As a country, we must begin to strengthen our institutions and reposition same so as to position the nation on the part of progress.
- Our National Assembly must wake up to their constitutional responsibilities and make our government accountable to Nigerians.
- Federal and state Government should see the empowerment and employment of our youths as major way to putting an end to insecurity in this nation.
- Government must work harder on the economy to curb inflation by setting up price monitoring and control mechanisms to reduce high cost of living in Nigeria.
- We appeal that the youths should embrace governance and get involved in politics to change and clean up the system through the injection of young and vibrant ideas in the system.
Northern women group, Jam’iyyar Mayan Arewa (JMA) have demanded for a national conference …